Friday, August 12, 2011

Things I have learned so far in Haiti...

  1. If they don't understand you in English because they speak French- It prolly wont help much to repeat yourself in Spanish... :grin: oops!
  2. I went to the store, and quickly found out that stuff is like 4 times more expensive here than where I am from! Dude! If I had gotten milk, it would have cost 11 dollars for a half gallon, and toilet paper was a dollar a small roll...
  3. The traffic is in fact a bit worse than Guatemalan traffic... I didn't know that was possible!
  4. Angels come in all shapes and sizes... especially when they are bilingual!
  5. Cold showers are not too bad in this kind of weather.
  6. Just because a dog recognizes you in the daytime don't mean he will at night.
  7. I think it is just now starting to settle in that I am actually here, and will be for a while... :grin:
  8. I can tell that the roof of this compound is already going to be one of my favorite places. The wind up here is totally awesome!
  9. that there are 2 currencies here... a real one (Haitian goods- which are like 40 goods to 1 US dollar) and a fake one that exists only in the native Haitian's head.... but I forgot what those are called already cause I was trying so hard to remember the real one.
  10. I now know how to start a gas stove and oven! with a match!
  11. Kids don't really care what language you know, as long as you are friendly and carry balloons! :grin:
  12. Water is your friend!
I'm sure this is only the beginning... with so much more to come! Hope you guys are having a great day!
~ Chelbertina

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ trying to say things in Spanish!
    Number 11 is very true!

    ReplyDelete