Friday, August 26, 2011

Lessons Learned from Blueberry Muffins

I got up this morning and made blueberry muffins. They were quite good too. I made them small, so I ate 2 of them for breakfast, (while they were still hot, with a bit of butter on them) and was really excited to have 4 left over for later on, like for dessert for lunch, or for breakfast in the morning. I was really excited about them!

So I put them in the microwave to cool down and stay safe away from where the rats, roaches, and tarantula's could get to them, and went to the office to work.

At lunchtime, I went back over to my apartment, all excited because I was going to eat another blueberry muffin for dessert! I walked in the door, and immediately noticed the Congo line of ants parading from the door jam, all the way up to the ceiling, following the electrical lines, all the way behind the fridge, over the bathroom door, over the kitchen sink, over the top of the counter on one side, and out the bottom of the counter on the other side, over the stove.... yup, you guessed it. INTO the back of the microwave via the handy little electrical cord ladder they had found. :sigh: I figured it was just ants, that i could move the muffins, and maybe save one of them (cause I was really wanting one) seeing as there were 4 in there... but alas, when I opened the microwave- there were so many ants in there the muffins (all 4 of them) were totally covered in sneaky black little thieves, chomping away at my prized dessert! It was amazing... it had been less than 5 hrs, and in that time, they had found a way into the microwave, found my muffins, alerted their cohorts, formed the Congo line, decimated a whole one and a half of my muffins, and had made piles of crumbs as high as a muffin in itself ready to carry off! DUDE!

I will forever remember the lessons learned from my Blueberry Muffins:
  1. Microwaves are not safe from ANTS! they may be safe from rats, roaches, and tarantulas, but not ants.
  2. I also learned how to cook in a gas oven without a temperature gauge, without burning them, but that's another story that takes second place to the ants. :sad:

~ Chelbertina

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That speaks to the power of unity on the ants behalf... but how disappointing for you!

    ReplyDelete