Monday, August 15, 2011

How to make Jello:

with 10 Haitian gals who speak like 5 words total in English... :grin: Don't worry, I didnt know how to do it either, before today that is... lol! It was quite an experience. First, I said "This is a test to see how much English you can understand... Bro. Brian got the stuff to make Jello" I am 100 percent sure that none of them understood anything I said but Bro Brian, and Jello, lol! but that's all it took!

During the process, they showed off how they knew how to count in English, (and Spanish) and tried to teach me French. I got to about 6. lol. Then I made them read me the ingredients in English, and translate them- which was a really hard joint effort, cause I had no idea. haha! It was great though, and they are very smart kids.

Although I don't know more than a few words in French, I am kinda surprised at what bit of it I can understand already... (and very confused by the fact that I used to have no idea what the words were in Spanish, but for some reason when I am reaching for the French word, the Spanish one will come to my mind, and be correct... huh? Where did that come from??)

So, the Jello is in the fridge, and they will be coming back tomorrow to eat it, (and finish braiding the other half of my hair Haitian style... :grin:) What random new experiences today!

~ Chelbertina

1 comment:

  1. You have to post a picture of that Haitian hairstyle!

    Yay for new language acquisition!

    I love you!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete