Saturday, October 8, 2011

Things learned from the Louw's... :grin:

  1. Baboons do not like oranges that have had Tabasco sauce put on them... Once they find one somewhere, they will stay away from wherever that was- so it's used to keep them out of your house, yard.
  2. Elephants communicate... and leave behind elephant patties that are over 2 feet tall! That's a lot of stuff!
  3. Baboons are cowardly if they are by themselves, but if they are in a group, they will do a whole lot of damage while there is one set up as a lookout.
  4. Baboons like to play in pools.
  5. There is a country that makes paper out of elephant dung... that some people order to write their resignation letter on...
  6. I learned what a sputnik was, and what a Muppet was, and all about rugby.
  7. I learned everything I needed to know about creating lamps. :grin: And then I made 2.
  8. It's not good to pick up anything shiny, or anything that isn't yours in Africa- because it's probably a booby trap.
  9. There are no benches, trashcans, or anything in the malls in Africa- so that people can't hide bombs there.
  10. I actually learned a whole lot more from them than this... but some of it I do not feel like sharing at this time. I had some great chat's with Sis. Louw, but they were personal. I really enjoyed the time I had with him being here helping us in Haiti, and then the week I got to go over to the DR and be with them. I totally enjoyed the service I got to be at with them in the DR, and really needed it. Thank you so much for your kindness, and your advice, and for all that you did for me. I really appreciate it.
~ Chelbertina

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if oranges with Tabasco sauce work for squirrels...

    ReplyDelete